Just south of Sedona, we offer a rustic, off the grid, Southwest Bed & Breakfast in a unique setting. This secluded High Desert oasis is surrounded by National Forest and located at the end of the road, yet still close to town.
Hand built passive solar sustainable buildings are nestled in a verdant permaculture landscape with a terraced organic garden. All created by your hosts, Andrea and Rennie.
- Two Bed & Breakfast Rooms with private baths in separate stone building houses
- Private patios, secluded hot tub terrace with fireplace and canyon view
- New Canyon Studio Communal Room with Kitchen, Dining and Living Space, Outdoor Patio with Mescal Canyon View
- Delicious organic continental breakfast – Full gourmet breakfast available by request at an additional cost.
- Massage available in massage studio in the garden
- Quiet environment, no TV or phone in room
- Wireless Internet access
- Walk to foothills trails, Mescal Canyon Springs, and Mingus Mountain Wilderness Area
- 30 minutes to Red Rock Country & Sedona
- Central to the Verde Valley Wine Country
We are located in outer Clarkdale, just ten minutes from Cottonwood and Jerome and about 30 minutes from Sedona. Hand-built passive solar, sustainable buildings are nestled in a verdant permaculture landscape, with a terraced organic vegetable garden. Your hosts have combined their unique skills to create these surroundings.
Rennie is a LEED Accredited Architect/Builder and operates his practice from his off the grid studio located on the property. For more information about Rennie’s architectural practice, you can log on to www.architectureworks.net.
Andrea is an experienced massage therapist, dedicated vegetarian cook, organic gardener and crafts woman. She also taught Tribal Belly Dance in the Cedar Studio for over 18 years at the lower level of the Architecture Works Green Building.
The decision to convert their former “children’s wing” into a guest house is a reflection of their on-going vision for this property and provides guests with an inspiring example of holistic, sustainable living.
We are proud to introduce our estate Caretaker Michelle “Shell” Closs. Shell is the On-Site Gourmet Chef and a Functional Personal Trainer. For additional meal catering and on-call adventure workouts contact us.